Jawaharlal Nehru Government Engineering College, Sundernagar (JNGEC) is a AICTE Approved, State Government funded engineering college. It is located at Sundernagar, District Mandi and is affiliated to Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HimTU), Hamirpur.
The institute offers 4 year Bachelor of Technology courses in disciplines viz Mechanical Engineering, Textile Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering and Civil Engineering.
Our Motto ""उद्योग: सर्वार्थ साधकम" Means "Industrialization solves every thing"
The institute campus area comprises of five blocks i.e. administrative block 'A', academic block 'B' & 'C',under construction blocks 'D' and 'E'. The college boasts to have an ultra-modern, state of art campus and these entire blocks are equipped with all modern facilities and teaching equipment. This makes the Institute, one of the most Hi-Tech Teaching facilities in the state.
The location of the campus adds to the charm, nested at the top of a hill, surrounded by high mountains. It presents a very unique and scenic environment for studying and innovation. The closeness to the nature reflects the sustainable and eco-friendly nature of the peoples of state and thus it can be said that the institute is a symbolic of the state’s desire for a balance between the nature and technology.
The college has its own guest house catering to the needs of its visitors. The canteen serves faculty, staff and students during and beyond working hours.
To bloom into centre of excellence and become pace setter by opting quality processes interwoven with freedom of flexibility and to mould professionals of superior quality dedicated to the progress and development of humanity.
- To create an environment that enables creativity, research and innovation in engineering and technology.
- To impart value based education that created leaders in engineering for upliftment of society at large.
- To strive for continues improvement in imparting technical education.
- To have a liasion with lead institutions and industries.
- To provide students with fundamental technical education and skills in mathematics, Science and Engineering.
- To provide students with necessary skills and practical knowledge to fulfil their professional duties and responsibilities in team work, ethics, technical leadership, business and lifelong learning.
- To make the students to become true engineers and innovators to make substantial contributions to the society.
- To prepare the students to become successful engineers and managers to meet the global industrial requirements.
- To promote the spirit of entrepreneurship among the students and foster close interaction with industries