Department of Mechanical Engineering
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- PEO-1 To develop a strong platform in applied sciences and ability to use these tools in mechanical engineering.
- PEO-2 To design mechanical systems for real world applications which are technically feasible and economically viable leading to social benefits.
- PEO-3 To attain professional excellence through life-long learning.
- PEO-4 To attain the qualities of leadership to deliver effectively in a multi-disciplinary team and domains.
- PEO-5 Produce graduates who have an understanding of ethical responsibility and service towards their peers, employers, and society and follow these precepts in their daily lives.
- PO1:To acquire and apply fundamental knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering principles to solve complex mechanical engineering problems.
- PO2:To identify, formulate and analyse complex mechanical engineering problems.
- PO3:To design solutions for complex mechanical engineering problems those fulfil health, safety, societal and environmental needs by using conventional or modern tools.
- PO4:To identify and investigate complex mechanical engineering problems using research-based knowledge and methods to produce conclusive results.
- PO5:Use of modelling and simulation design automation (CAD/CAM) tools for defining engineering problems in a broad manner.
- PO6:To practice professional ethics related to societal, health, safety and legal issues with full responsibility and integrity.
- PO7:Study the impact of advances in the field of mechanical engineering on society and environment for sustainable developments.
- PO8:Understand the importance of professional ethics and norms for mechanical engineers.
- PO9:Inculcate the habit of working in a team and also its leader.
- PO10:To communicate effectively on complex mechanical engineering activities both orally, in writing and through drawings.
- PO12:To demonstrate and apply knowledge on finance and management principles and acquire entrepreneurship skill.
- PO12:To undertake lifelong learning and manage information including conducting literature study.