Department of Textile Engineering
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- PEO-1 Have a fundamental understanding of basic and contemporary science, engineering and experimentation skills required for multidisciplinary domains.
- PEO-2 Develop expertise in various technological systems of manufacturing of textile materials and apply them for new processes and product development.
- PEO-3 Exhibit professional entrepreneurship, team work spirit, leadership quality and incorporate societal needs to practice their profession with high level of legal and ethical responsibilities.
- PO1:Identify and solve engineering problems through application of basic sciences and mathematical skills to function as good textile engineers.
- PO2:Analyze and formulate real world engineering problems for possible solutions using mathematical skills, techniques and analytical tool.
- PO3:Develop/Design a process/product/technique with desired specifications and requirements meeting realistic constraints, which is environment friendly with appropriate consideration for public health and safety.
- PO4:Conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data, make inferences from the resulting data and provide justified conclusion.
- PO5:Use appropriate technical skills and modern engineering tools to solve complex engineering problems.
- PO6:Access professional behavior committed towards social, health, safety, legal and cultural issues.
- PO7:Understand the impact of advances in textile engineering practices and principles contributing towards sustainable development.
- PO8:Understand the importance of professional ethics and norms of textile engineering practices.
- PO9:Work effectively as an individual, as well as a team member in multidisciplinary activities with objective to accomplish a common goal.
- PO10:Communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms to all levels of society.
- PO11:Employ effective management skills and practices to develop a project plan.
- PO12:Capable of self-education and clearly understand the value of lifelong learning in continuing professional development.