The Department offers a 4-year B.Tech. Programme in Textile Engineering.
To provide the highest quality technical education in the field of textile and foster the student organization that enhance and enrich the student’s life in the department as well as serve the industry & society through excellent education, training program, intensive interaction with industry and highest quality research.
Dissemination of quality technical education to students with a unique blend of technical and professional knowledge and skills in the field of Textile science, enabling them to face the technological and managerial demands of complex and diverse Textile industry.
To develop the infrastructure facilities that enables the department to achieve and maintain national prominence in Textile field.
Our mission is to be world class teaching, learning and research center for Textiles, providing high quality education to students and also committed to provide support to the Textile industry in its development through close interaction.
The Educational Objectives of the Program:
PEO-1 Prepare graduates to become leaders in fields related to textile engineering. They will become recognized experts working in government, consulting firms, and international organizations around the country and around the world.
PEO-2 Prepare graduates to communicate effectively to various stakeholders and practice their profession with high regard to societal needs, diversity, constraints in the professional workplace and ethical responsibilities
PEO-3 Prepare graduates to serve and cater the needs of national and global textile industries, higher studies, research centers and overall to meet future needs.
PEO-4 Graduates will understand various technological systems of manufacturing of textile material and apply them for the development of new process and products.
PEO-5 Continuously updating themselves in areas and technologies that are relevant to their career, participate in personal development and increasing their understanding of matters that are current and important to society at national and international levels.
1. Graduates will have the ability to aanalyze the data regarding process control and quality requirements of textile and apparel materials.
2. Graduates will have the ability to design and conduct experiments, analyse and interpret data.
3. Graduates will communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
4. Graduates will participate and succeed in competitive examinations
5. Graduates will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
6. Graduates will recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change and acquire knowledge on entrepreneurship
Emphasis in the growing field of Technical Textile.