Objectives of TEQIP-II
Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP) envisaged in 2003 as a long-term Programme of about 10-12 years. To be implemented in 3 phases for transformation of the Technical Education System, the first phase was started in 2003 and got completed in the year 2009. This institution has got selected under TEQIP-II project which started w.e.f. F.Y. 2012-13 and ended by 31st March, 2017.
The broad objectives of Jawaharlal Nehru Govt. Engineering College, Sundernagar for TEQIP Phase II are:
- Strengthening Institutions to produce high quality engineers for better employability,
- Scaling-up PG education and demand-driven Research & Development and innovation,
- Establishing Centres of Excellence for focused applicable research,
- Training of faculty for effective Teaching, and
- Enhancing Institutional and System Management effectiveness.